Closed Course & Override Requests

*This form is for Arts Management courses ONLY.

A Closed Course Request should be submitted when a student needs to be enrolled in a closed/full course.

An Override Request should be used when a student does not have the required prerequisites for a course or when a student has a specific enrollment issue that needs the attention of the Arts Management Program.

To make a request, fill out the Closed Course and Override Request Form*

  • Email requests to faculty or staff will not be considered.
  • A faculty member's permission to enroll in a closed class does not guarantee course enrollment.
  • All requests will be evaluated by the Arts Management Program.
  • Students requesting enrollment in a closed/full course must have the required prerequisites.
  • Students added to a closed course will be notified via College email.
  • Students may be notified as late as the drop/add deadline for the semester if a spot opens up in a closed course.

Note: We will not be able to add you if there is a time conflict with another class you are enrolled in, or if adding the class will put you over the maximum number of allowable credit hours (18). Therefore, if there is a class you will need to drop in the event that your request is approved, please note that in your request so that the add and drop can be processed at the same time.

Students wishing to enroll in a closed course should also check MyCharleston frequently to see if a space has opened up in the course.

If you have any questions or would like more information, contact your academic advisor.

*This form is for Arts Management courses ONLY.